My son's bedroom (update)!

Thanks for all your comments last week, I really appreciate you took the time to share with me your thoughts and thanks again for checking in on our son's bedroom today. I have been working on his room for several weeks now (I usually work on weekends) and it started to come together. If you missed the previous post and would love to see what his room looks like "before", you can check out the post here



We had all the major pieces in the room now. I taped and painted the room while my husband helped to assemble the desk and hang the curtains. The stripes were finished a week or two earlier but I didn't show you because it wasn't presentable. It was my first time working with stripes and there was bleeding so I spent an entire day last weekend taping the wall again and did some touch ups using the white paint (the bleeding came from the gray paint). This is what the striped wall looks like now.
















As you can see, we placed a large desk on this focal wall. I picked a large desk so I can have a place to sit while my son and I read/ write/ do school-related activities together during the afternoon. Plus, since we are planning to have another child, this small room will be shared in the future so I figured a larger desk is the way to go. 






The walls are quite bare now but I have plans for them, no worries. It's time to check out the new curtains!










I really wanted to have a roman shade with navy blue ribbon trim but it is quite pricey (most sell for over $150) so it was a no go. Fortunately, I found these wonderful striped curtains on clearance for $30 each online.



The new trundle bed and bedding have arrived. I set the bed last week and my son, Isaac was especially thrilled. His eyes lighted up and he quickly brought in all his stuffed animals and put them on his bed and sang "Ten In The Bed" (remember the song, "There were 10 in the bed and the little one said, roll over, roll over," yeah, that song). Of course he changed the lyrics a bit. 



He told me he liked the room and I was so happy! He couldn't wait to move into his big boy room the same night. We told him to wait till we cleaned up the room first. After cleaning up the room, he moved in the second night and used his blanket (on his own). He is not a fan of blankets so I knew he enjoyed his room.



This room is almost complete. Now I just need to add a few fun "art" projects, hang them on the walls along with some decorative accessories and the room will be finished. If everything goes as planned, I would be able to show you the big reveal next week. So, stay tuned!



If you need help decorating your home, please click here for further information regarding my design services. 





No comments:

Post a Comment